Wine & Spirit Courses
As one of the foremost wine education centres in Sussex, we run the following Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses.
The Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF) is replacing National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and the WSET is the only wine & spirit education organisation approved by the UK government as a national awarding body of vocational qualifications.
These are world class Wine and Spirit Courses for both Business and Pleasure. Please click on the course title to download a Course Outline.
Leisure Industry Training Programmes
The following be-spoke courses are designed for Directors and Managers of small and medium-sized businesses operating in the Leisure Industry. They are run by highly experienced and qualified tutors, who have hands-on experience of Service Training and Assessment in this industry and operate as consultants within it. The following introduction gives an outline of the training philosophy and how courses can be structured, together with the benefits to the organization.
Service and Business Excellence – Mind The Gap!
-Understanding and meeting customer expectations
Customers expect the core product of any organisation to be right first time and every time. Customers' experiences are formed by their perceptions of the core product of an organization plus the service delivery. In order to gain the leading edge, organisations must concentrate on the quality of service delivery and on the understanding of their customers' perceptions of that service delivery.
The Service and Business Excellence programme focuses on the imperatives that are vital for service excellence, together with strategies to identify and close service gaps.
There are numerous generic customer and service excellence programmes on the market, however research has shown that frequently their impact is minimal and short-lived where the learning is not applied specifically to an individual organization. This Service and Business Excellence programme responds to this problem as it is bespoke to your organization. In terms of return on investment which we understand is a business imperative, again research has shown that where customers deem service to be excellent an organization can expect to benefit in a number of ways:
- Increased Customer satisfaction
- Increased spend
- Increased Customer loyalty & repeat business
- Increased recommendation
- Increased staff morale and motivation
- Premium pricing
- Stronger business performance
Establishing Your Service Gaps and their causes
- The quality of the service provided can be measured by determining the gap between what the customers expect and their perceptions of the actual service when they do business with you.
- We are able to survey your customers on line to determine what is most important to them, where your service gaps are and to gather their ideas for service improvement
- We are able to survey or hold Listening Groups with your employees to determine the causes of the service gaps, and critically to shine a light on your internal customer performance.
Working with you to close Service Gaps
- We will give you a report on our findings with clear graphical displays to enable employees at all levels to understand where you have service gaps as well as their likely causes
- We will deliver a presentation to your Top Team and facilitate a workshop for reflection on the results and their impact, prioritisation and action planning.
- We are also able to facilitate appropriate learning and action planning workshops at other levels of the organisation depending on your requirements and the existing levels of knowledge of your employees
Please contact us for further details or to arrange a no-obligation visit to discuss how we can help.
General Management Courses - applicable to the Hospitality and Leisure Sectors
The following courses are designed for Owners, Directors or Managers of small and medium sized companies in the hospitality and leisure industries.
They are designed and run by acknowledged experts, all of whom have been consultants and advisers to SMEs for more than 20 years and have been accredited by the Government organization - SFEDI.
To download course details as a PDF, click on the title.
For more information on Sussex Wine Academy’s education and training courses, or to speak to our Course Director, call +44(0)1903 885026 or click here to send us a message.